One-Time Adoption Screenings
Introduction and explanation on the fingerprinting process.
Renewal applicants (those with a current screening on file with the Office of Licensing prior to September 1, 2015) only need to submit fingerprints if they are a resident and/or uses identification that is not issued by a WIN state.
Due to changes at the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification and the FBI, there is now only one background screening and fingerprint fee.
The new fee will be $37.00, effective immediately. This fee applies regardless of what state a person has lived in and includes the full FBI Ongoing Nationwide Rap Back Lifetime Subscription.
This means that all individuals are processed at the highest level of nationwide ongoing monitoring for an even lower cost, and it doesn’t matter what state their identification is from, or if they use a passport.
We will continue to accept the old form and fee for the next few months; however if you submit the former, higher fee, you will not re refunded.
Beginning March 1, 2017 all old applications and fees will no longer be accepted and will be returned to you for re-submission.
The background screening forms have been updated to reflect this.
*Any fees related to LiveScan or otherwise creating fingerprints remain unchanged.*
- All identifying information fields are not completely filled out like height, weight, date/place of birth, etc. Signature of person being fingerprinted or official taking fingerprints is missing.
- Fingerprint cards have foreign marks, holes, have been folded, crumpled or otherwise altered.
- The fee is not in the form of a money order, cashier’s check or company check.
- Payment is not made payable to Department of Human Services.
- Two fingerprint cards per applicant are not included with the Background Screening Application.
- Inked fingerprints must be rolled by law enforcement agency or trained professional. Click here for an example of properly recorded fingerprints.