$52.75 includes an ongoing, nationwide FBI subscription. This must be used for anyone who lives outside of the WIN states, uses state identification from outside of the WIN states, or reports that they will spend substantial time outside the WIN states in the future.
The full FBI check for $52.75 provides the highest level of protection. This option is available to ALL applicants and we encourage providers to choose this standard even if the applicant is a resident of a WIN state that is unlikely to spend substantial time outside the WIN states. This provides the best standard in ongoing criminal background screening and may reduce your agency’s liability.
Who needs to submit fingerprints and fees?
New applicants doing initial screening forms will need to submit fingerprints
Renewal applicants (those with a current screening on file with the Office of Licensing prior to September 1, 2015) only need to submit fingerprints if they live in or use identification that is not issued by a WIN state.
If you have an applicant who has already submitted prints, the new application, and the new fee after September 1, 2015, that is transferring agencies, please contact your background screening technician directly to coordinate a transfer of that fingerprint background subscription.
Remember that questions on the application need to be answered even if the applicant answered them previously (last year or for another program).
Application turn-around time is approximately ten working days for applicants who:
– Have lived in the state over 5 years,
– Have no criminal history record, and
– Whose name does not appear on the child or adult abuse database.
Processing time will take longer for applicants who have lived outside the state of Utah, or have a criminal history record in another state requiring verification of information.
To assure that your application is processed as timely as possible, fill the form out completely, write legibly, and be truthful and consistent with your answers.
- Batched payments and screening applications must come to Office of Licensing all in one envelope
- Write the check for the total combined amount of the cost of each individual application found in the same envelope
- All applications cost the same rate of $37 to include the full FBI Ongoing Nationwide Rap Back Lifetime Subscription
- It is critical that the check covers the exact amount of the required fees, please do not round up or down
- If you submit a check that is for the wrong amount for the batched applications, we will return the check and all associated applications to you via the mail, upon receipt
- No refunds will be given. Once you submit a background screening application and fee to the Office of Licensing, the funds will be deposited and the application processed
- If you submit an application that is illegible or incomplete, that individual application will be returned to you, but we will still cash the group check and consider that person paid for if you resubmit the same individual’s corrected application within 60 days. After 60 days, if you have not resubmitted a screening application for that same individual, the money will be permanently deposited with the Office of Licensing
- We welcome feedback on this process to ensure that it is effective for licensed facilities and providers
The meeting is open to the public unless closed for a discussion of the character, professional competence, or physical or mental health of an individual in accordance with UCA 52-4-204, 205, 206, and in compliance with Utah Code 62A-2-120, 121, 122, and Utah Department of Human Services Rules 501-14.
Please note that it is helpful for anyone who may be attending to notify the Office of Licensing, for the purposes of adequate space and special accommodations due to disability, by calling 801-538-4242.
Comprehensive Review Committee meetings are usually conducted on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month beginning at 8:30 a.m., in Room 1045, with occasional variations due to holidays and room availability.