Program and Provider Licensing
Becoming a Licensed Program or Provider
If you are interested in licensing a treatment or other human services program, please follow these steps. You can find a description of the different license types and links to their associated rules here.
Utah Office of Licensing
Department of Human Services
195 N. 1950 W.
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Payment must be submitted in the form of a money order, cashier’s check or company check (no personal checks accepted) made payable to the Utah Department of Human Services.
Fees for initial licenses are as follows:
- Adult Day Care, Adoption Agencies, Day Treatment, Intermediate Secure Care, Outpatient Treatment, Residential
Support, Residential Treatment, Social Detoxification, Therapeutic School – $900
- Child Placing Foster Agencies – $250
- Outdoor Youth Programs – $1,408
- Recovery Residences – $1,295
DSPD Residential Support or Day Support programs with 3 or fewer clients require a certification rather than a license. Follow these steps to obtain a certification.
Renewing your License
To renew your program’s license, please complete the following instructions:
- Approximately two months before your license expires, you will receive an auto-generated reminder from the Office of Licensing (OL). Fill out and submit a renewal application with the proper renewal fee. OL should receive this paperwork no later than 30 days before your license expires.
- You will also need to email your licensor the following documents 30 days prior to your license expiration:
- Updated business license
- Fire inspection
- Health inspection (if applicable)
- Organization chart
- Verification of insurance coverage
- Policy & procedure manual (if there have been any changes over the past year)
- Youth Education Coordinating Form (if applicable)
- Your licensor may request additional paperwork depending on the category of license
- Contact your licensor no later than 30 days before expiration to schedule a time for a program review and safety inspection. Then, review the licensor checklist to ensure that you have addressed all areas that the licensor will review
- Your licensor will renew your license when all paperwork has been submitted and all criteria have been met